Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our New Home


This is our New Little Home!! We LOVE it!


The "master bedroom" (ha ha) I have been waiting for almost a year to use this bedspread that my mom got me for Christmas last year. I love it! Thanks mom!! I have turned into quite the yard sale junky. The night stands, end table thingy (at the end of my bed), and lamps are all from a yard sale. A little spray paint and wa-la you've got yourself a new bedroom set!! I know it's hard to believe (ha ha) but I made the art on the wall. There is a big N that goes in the middle but I ran out of artsy fartsy so it's still waiting to get done. Anyways I love to have a bedroom with a matching bedroom set and throw pillows.


Here is Maggie's room. I still feel like her room is helter skelter but I don't know what else to do with it. I would love to paint the walls off white but Brooks refuses to let me paint a rental house. I think it would do the room a lot of good. He also thinks the curtains are grandma-y. I was trying to tie in her bed (which is blue and brown) and the rest of the room which is pink and brown. So the curtains are butterflies. He thought I should go with something more little girly and whimsical. Oh well they are sewn and up so they are staying till we move and we will redo again then.


I also still need to find a cute clock to go under the little pink shelf by the lamp. There are some cute butterflies at hobby lobby I would also like to add but I'm running out of wall space so we will have to see. I need to find things that can go on shelves not hang on walls. The two pink shelves I also got at a yard sell. I had bought a bunch of wood to make 1 shelf and it cost me $15. I found these 2 shelves for $8. SOLD! Brooks was thrilled that he didn't have to make shelving so it worked out great. I would like to get some flowers cut out of wood and put over the stars and moons but again I have run out of artsy fartsy for the moment.

5 comments:

LeLe said...

Oh Amber!! I love it! I'm so happy for you.

Riley Chemistry said...

So cute! How fun to get her room all ready. I just stopped by IKEA and got the stuff to finish Evva's room all for about $55. Can't beat that!

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

Sounds like you're having too much fun decorating! I saw all of Maggies cute hair bows hanging on the wall so I thought I'd give you the link to the directions for the bow board I made for Grace (if you're interested). I love it because it keeps all of her bows close together within my reach, but out of hers ;) I bought the art canvas and fabric at Hobby Lobby and I think mine turned out really cute. I actually need to make another because I'm running out of room. Anyways here's the link if you're interested
http://www.girlythingsbows.com/bow_board.html

Laura said...

It all turned out cute. I see that you moved Maggies name and the shelf. Want to come and do my house. I am open to all suggestions.

Amanda Petersen said...

What a cute house! Your nursery is adorable. I can't believe how big your little girl is getting. How fun!