Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Dr. Day

Wednesday Morning I took Brooks in to get some old hardware removed from a teenage motorcycle accident.  After a few hours of being home, he got cabin fever and had to go outside.  Maggie went out to play with him.  Her battery wheeler was dead so she chose to ride the push wheeler that she is too big for.  She crashed into to curb and flipped the wheeler on top of her.  She crashed her chin right into the curb.  When I got her untangled from the wreckage, I knew right away she needed stitches. 

Brooks has just taken a fresh batch of pain killers but with his arm couldn't hold her.  So he drove us (all doped up on pain meds) to the ER while I held Maggie and prepped her for the shots to come.  She was such a brave girl.  She only cried when she got the shot.  She talked the whole time and the Dr. had to tell her more than once to hold her chin still. 

It was my first experience with stitches too.  I had a hard time keeping my chilli down.  When he had to dig and cut out the mashed up flesh, I almost lost it.  He had to tell me to pull myself together a couple times too.  Yucky Yucky. 
Like Father Like Daughter. 
3 inside and 5 out. 

No comments: