Thursday, January 15, 2009

Our New Little Addition


Maggie Jo Nessen was born Jan 8, 2009 at 11:06am. She weighed 6lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches long. After a long 19 hours of labor mommy was only dilated to a 7 1/2. Babies heart rate was going up with every contraction so we did a c-section. Recovery was rough for a couple of hours but by that night mommy was feeling much better. Maggie (who was not named for days because her dad couldn't settle on a name) was very allert and a great baby. (I think most newborns are good babies though).

We were released from the hospital Sunday at 11am. It was good to be going home. The hospital was great. I had some of the best nurses ever!! But it was time for us to brave the world on our own. Daddy had me ride in the back seat with Maggie to keep an eye on her on the way home. She is very protected when it comes to her daddy. (That could become very interesting.) Daddy is such a big helper though. He will change her, burp her and loves to feed her if he can talk me into pumping.

We have had so much help. My mom has been Amazing. Thanks to everyone who has brought us gifts and food and love. We couldn't do it without you (and we wouldn't want to) Brooks stayed home with us for 2 days and then had to go back to work. Maggie had just woken up before he left to work so he got to cuddle her for just a minute (making him 20 min late for work) but he said he had her smell on his hands all day and it was torture. We are living in Tremonton for the time being but will probably move to Salt Lake soon so Brooks doesn't have to drive so far to work. The close help is so nice but the drive is killing Brooks.

Being a mommy is the most Amazing thing. I have helped a lot with my sister's babies and carried my own for 9 months but there is nothing that can prepare you for the overwhelming LOVE that you feel for your own child. People will tell you how great it is but you can never know for yourself till you have experianced it. You will do anything for that little bundle of joy. It's simply Amazing!! I know Brooks feels the same way about being a dad. He loves it more than anything in the world. You should see him light up when he has her in his arms. That's great too seeing your hubby love you own child. We have been so overwhelmingly blessed it's hard to explain. Thanks to everyone for their help and love. It's great to share our joy with our family and friends.

4 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

We're so glad you're home and doing well. We wish we could just swing by to see you guys and hold that sweet baby. Do you have any idea when you'll bless her?

The Birds said...

I'm so glad you posted all those pics! I have been dying to see some more! I'm so happy for you guys and it's so fun to see Brooks's softer side! Hope you're feeling well. I'll tell you the hardest thing for me was getting in and out of bed after my c-section. Seriously it takes me over a month to be able to do it without contorting my body to try and make it not hurt. I know I'm better when I can hop right in!!!
~Chandi

The Birds said...

PS - Hopefully we'll get up to see you soon!

Queen of Kings said...

Amber and Brooks
CONGRATS She is DARLING!!! Oh my heck she is so cute I just love her! We are so happee for you and are really glad to now know that you have a blog and we can keep up on that darling little family of yours CONGRATS we Love you!