Monday, March 8, 2010

Long awaited News

Brooks got the good news today that we have been waiting for for MONTHS!! We got a JOB with the Power Company!! The job is in Rawlins, Wyoming. So we will be packing up and moving again. We are sad to move from family but Stoked to be starting a career. It is only about a 5 hour drive from home so nothing too bad.

We are so proud of Brooks for calling and pushing and sticking with these guys (this had to be the slowest process EVER). Not to mention rocking the interviews and just being a great guy that they would want to hire.

They are doing a background check on Brooks now. They said it could take anywhere from 1 to 5 weeks. When that is all cleared up, he will start right away.

We plan on heading out this weekend and looking at housing. I contacted the two bishops in the area but they weren't much help. It's a very small town and they said most everything is done through the one reality business there. I will be calling them tomorrow. We are looking into renting at first so hopefully they can help us. We would like to be moved out there in the next two weeks. The only thing that will hold us back will be finding a place available right now. Even if we can't move right away, it will be ok. Brooks can take the trailer and stay in it till we find a place.

We feel very blessed to have this job right now. We found out there were over 30 applicants for the two positions. Again Brooks ROCKS. I love him so much.

We can't wait to take this new adventure. We will let you know when more info comes. Hopefully we find a new little home soon. And hopefully packing isn't too bad.

7 comments:

Tatiana said...

Yeah for you guys! Congrats! That is really good news for you I know. But sad that we won't get to see you as much. Unfortunately every time we're up there we get so busy and I never get the chance to stop by. I'll try to in the next 2 weeks so that Maggie and Evva can at least play together for a little bit. But thanks for sharing the news! I know you guys have been wanting that for so long! I'm really excited for you and proud of Brooks too!

Aimee said...

Congrats altough that's kind of in the middle of nowhere! I have an old roommate that lives in Rawlings I think. I will send her a message on Facebook and see if she can be of any help to you.

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

Yahoo or a permanent job! I know it's not the most exciting location, but at least Brooks will be working for Utah Power and will get some seniority so in time you can move somewhere else (unless you end up falling in love with Rawlins!)

P.S. On our trips to Utah we usually roll through Rawlins at breakfast time and hit the Country Kitchen breakfast buffet at the Flying J. Maybe we'll have to meet you there when we're passing through in July!

Queen of Kings said...

Woo Hoo for you! We are excited for your little family good job for sticking it out! Brooks gets a lot of credit but so do you sister! You waited it out too! GOOD for both of you! WE Love You!

The Garza's said...

what the yip? you finally come here and then leave?? no jk I am happy for you guys- it sucks that your going, cause you guys are about the only ones we love having go camping with- But we will still see ya around- good luck and let me know if we can help ya move-

Laura said...

Congrats!! They have ga reat Mexican food place there and one just outside of there in Sinclair. Ask Melissa, we stopped there when we went and visited Amy and Gene in Boulder. Good luck

Eric and Shandi Ditlevsen said...

That is EXCITING! My sister in law lives in Rawlins! Her husband is the principal at the high school there and I'm sure she would love to help you out! They pretty much know everyone that lives there now, so they would be a big help! Let me know if you would like her number or I could give you her email or something! Congrats again!