Friday, June 4, 2010

About to get Busy

You haven't heard from us for quite some time. There is a perfectly good reason....Brooks got a job in Rawlins, WY. He moved here and stayed in the trailer while I lived in UT for 5 weeks. We couldn't find a place to rent so he bought us a house. (Yes I allowed him to buy me a house without me even seeing it.) He did a great job!! It's a home that was built by a school teacher in December 2009. She was terminated from her job shortly after the construction was completed. She has no reason to stay in Rawlins so she sold her house, to us. It's practically new, only lived in for 6 months. She does have a dog, bummer. But no kids or hubby to beat the place up. The yard is fenced but not landscaped. (a great side-job for Brooks this summer.)

After living in UT without Brooks for 5 weeks I had, had it and we found a temporary place to stay in Rawlins till we could move into our new home. We have been here for 5 weeks. We close on the house the first of next week and then I get really busy unpacking, decorating, putting in a yard, decorating, and more decorating. I can't wait to have my own place where I can do whatever I want with it. The previous owner didn't do much with the place so it's pretty much a blank canvas. I'm excited for that.

We have loved Rawlins so far. Brooks is really happy in his job. The ward is really small but some super nice people. I can't wait to get to know the people better. I have made a good friend with another lineman's wife. Nikki. She is wonderful. Ok the weather not so great. The views not so great. But we are so happy. It just feels right. We can't wait to get into the house and get more settled and meet more people but what a great start.

Sorry for no pics I actually have no idea where my camera even is. When we moved into the temporary place we only moved in the bare minimum. And I mean Minimum. The owner of the other house was nice enough to let us put our other stuff in her garage and extra bedroom. That will be nice come moving day. When I get in and a little more settled I will post pics of the new casa.

1 comment:

The Lunds said...

I was going to text you today to make sure you were still alive. I'm so glad you found a house!!! And I'm sure you'll make it way cute! Just don't be painting any ceilings ;) Can't wait to see some pictures. Enjoy your new adventure!