So Brooks has always joked how his mom had poison control on speed dial when they were kids. They were always into something and a lot of it resulted in poison control calls. Well miss Maggie might be headed down the same path. In the last oh two weeks or so I have called TWICE. Yes Twice.
First was my mistake. Maggie had been very very fussy and was ready for bed, as was her mommy. She had been teething so I was giving her Tylenol at night to help her sleep. That night I switched medicine givers from a dropped to a cup. I was giving her 6ml or 1tsp. I was focused on the 6ml and poured 3 tsp (because 6 wouldn't fit into the cup) I was going to giver her two cup fulls. Well there is a perfectly good reason why the cup doesn't even measure 6tsp.....Because it's TOO much. After the 1st cup it dawned on me that is was a little much. I double checked the bottle to my horror reading the difference between ml and tsp. DUH!! I called poison control and they were very helpful. They took all the info (even the flavor). He told me she would need to have 6 MORE times that to even be concerned. WHAT 6 more times, that's 9 times more than her recommended amount. Good news to me though, she was fine.
The second time (tonight) I was doing laundry and Maggie came in crying with a mouth full of something!?! I ran around the house till I found the Cascade balls open and one spilled all over the floor. I grabber her, washer her mouth out, and read the bottle. Call poison control. Great!! Not again. But they were very helpful yet again. She said they are not poisones (sp) since they do wash our dishes. They are very bitter in taste and kids tend to throw up. The scary part is if they don't stop throwing up. Well all Maggie did was spit so we were all good again.
There are a few issues with this situation. One I am an idiot for not putting child locks on my cabinets. In my defense we are still moving in and getting things situated and it's on the list. Ya know that long list that seems to never go away or get done. It will be raised to the top of that list though. Second, will they eventually turn me into cps? I thought of that before I called tonight. I figured it's better to call though they can't get mad at you for trying to take care of a situation right? Well here's hoping I don't go to jail for child neglect or something. I really am a good mom......I think.
Sorry no pics of the house. I still have no idea where the camera is. It's one of those things on the list.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Too funny! Glad she's OK
K. I have been there done that. Don't feel bad. Dylan ate Comet twice. And dish washing detergent once....he didn't like that at all. But you're a better mom than me, I only called poison control once! You'd think he would learn but he must take after his father. Ha,ha! Oh, and I haven't put locks on my cabinets. Never did with the other two...why start now? Another reason you are a better mom. lol, so happy she's alright!
Post a Comment