Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Cleaning


These are my attempts to spring up my house. If spring won't come to me on it's own I will drag it here. I am NOT a flower arranger but I think this turned out ok.


I also made this wreath. I could have bought one exactly like it for $40 but I made mine for $17. Yahoo. I would like a little something to put in it like a little sign or bird but this booming metropolis that I live in didn't have anything that I liked in their 3 stores.

Onto the real post.
Today I got a wild hair and started deep cleaning. It all started when I changed the laundry and couldn't get the lint trap in the dryer as clean as I wanted. This has bugged me for a while. I got a screw driver and took the whole thing apart. Good thing too, because I pulled out about a grapefruit sized wad of lint. Good thing my house hasn't burnt down by now. Then I got the vacuum to clean out the rest of the little stuff. Since I had the vacuum and the attachments out I decided to clean my window seals. The soil is very sandy here and since we don't have grass the sand blows in through my windows. I hate it. It fills the bottom of the windows almost clear up. I had to get a toothbrush to loosen it up and then suck it all out. Then I wiped down the seals and floor boards and spot cleaned the walls while I was going.

This is my conclusion on all of this

1. I'm so glad that I'm feeling good enough to be able to do something like this.

2. I should do this more often, it was so bad. You don't notice how bad it is till you get close up.

3. When you step back after this pain of cleaning you can barely barely notice that anything has been done and you have to wonder if it was even worth it.

4. I want grass really really bad so this doesn't happen as bad.

I also took Maggie out back this afternoon and while she was playing I decided to tackle the back porch. There was so much sand on the porch that I got the snow shovel and scooped it off instead of swept. What a joke. The whole time the wind was blowing it right back at me but I couldn't bare to let it go another day as bad as it has gotten over the winter.

Again I would LOVE grass!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I feel for you about the grass. We were here 3 yrs before we got grass. But the dirt in the windows didn't slow down much because we live across from fields. At least the sand will hopefully stop when you get grass. Will that happen before the baby? Are you going to seed or sod. We has someone come a spray the seed and it turned out great. Good luck!

The Birds said...

CUte wreath! And I totally get that way too....I usually do some crazy deep cleaning project on a whim. I always plan to, but never have enough gumption to actually do it, so it has to "just happen"! I'm sure it looks great though! Miss you guys!
~Chandi