We did a lot of fun things while we were there. Mostly free too!! We hit up the Budweiser plant to see the horses.
There was a trainer in the stalls and Maggie kept asking us to pet them so she brought one out for us. It pays to have such a cute little girl.
The trainer was shocked when Maggie went right up to it. She didn't think she would pet him. I asked the trainer some questions while we had her full attention. She told us that Fort Collins is the starting place for the Budweiser horses. They get them when they are 2 years old and keep them till they will pull. They have tons of restrictions on height and weight and coloring. It was neat to hear all about it.
We found a little animal farm that Maggie just loved. It also had a pakt that topped it off for her.
Daddy trying out the old tractor.
Maggie on the slides at the park. She could play at the park all day long.
We bought a little bag of food. Maggie loved to feed the animals. She was very conservative with her food. She would dish it out one piece at a time. We ended up leaving a large portion of the bag on a table for another lucky child.
The whole family at the animal park.
Feeding the goats.
We also swam at the hotel pool both nights. She LOVED that. She gets braver and braver with every activity that we do. I'm not sure I am totally comfortable with her being such a dare devil. She gets that from her Dad.
We ate so much good food. My favorite was a little smoothie shop. I had an orange summer dream and the name describes it perfectly. Oh how I could go for another one right now. During pregnancy I have craved oranges. I eat about 3-4 a day. So it hit the spot for me.
We had a really good time and I'm so glad we decided to get out for the weekend. Since we went last weekend we are not going to go to baby animal day this weekend. I'm glad we chose to go with our Daddy though it was a lot of fun. And the weather was perfect. It hit 85 on Saturday, no complaints from me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment