After 6 weeks in the Railroad house we decided it was time for a change. We found a 4 bdr split level rental in Rock Springs. It is 10 minutes from Brooks' work, Maggie's preschool and gymnastics. It needs a little updating but the owner is willing to let us do most upgrades. We are getting all new carpet in a week and a new main bath. She paid a professional cleaner to come in before we moved in. That was one of the best perks to the whole deal. She scrubbed every service in the house. The kitchen is super small and way outdated but do-able (and clean).
The move happened quite quickly. We looked at the house on a Wednesday and moved in the next day. I had plans to spend the next week in Utah with family so the original plan was for me to pack the railroad house into boxes and Brooks would move them into the new house the next week while we were gone. Thursday at work they told Brooks he had to be in Laramie for the next week. I had already contacted the owner of the railroad house and asked if we could only pay up to the next Wednesday, thinking that would give Brooks Saturday through Wednesday to be moved out. Now things changed, we had till Sunday night before Brooks had to be in Laramie. We frantically started packing things into the toy hauler and over to the new house. The cleaning ladies were still here so we just put boxes into the rooms she had already cleaned. I decided to leave Saturday morning instead of Friday morning, buying us a little more moving time. By Friday night I realized we weren't going to get it all done. I frantically called in Grandma for some help. She came right over. She helped me unpack my kitchen before a bedtime of 11:30 (kids included). Grandma and Maggie had a slumber party in the trailer, which Maggie LOVED. My mom just had to see the railroad house, in the morning we headed over there and had the grand tour before she headed to Utah with the girls for the weekend. I finished up the inside packing and headed back to rock springs while Brooks worked. (he was on call during this whole move, ugh). Brooks and I spent the next two days moving and unpacking (and working). It was SO nice for the girls to be with my mom!! We accomplished at least double of what we could with them here. To sum it up, CRAZINESS!!
Sunday night I headed to Utah for the week and Brooks headed to Laramie for the week. When we got back a week later we started right where we had left off. I have been trying to do as many small projects (door knobs, painting, organizing, etc) as possible. Our nights are filled with larger projects (new faucets, trips to Home Depot, and moving furniture). It's coming along quite well except we are kinda on hold now with the new carpet coming next week. It will be so worth it though!!
Moving has proven to be a lot harder than I had planned out in my head. I have lost track of so many things. Bills and addresses and paperwork seem to be lost in space and take up so much time to round up. The kids are shoved from one room to the next while I try to keep them out of the boxes I am packing and unpacking. We eat more than half of our meals out. And the worst part, I feel like Brooks and I are in separate universes trying to get all our projects done. By the time we get in bed at night we are so exhausted we usually don't even have pillow talk. It doesn't help that we have been "moving" since the middle of April and a large portion of that we lived apart. I feel like all we ever talk about is major life decisions and money. UGH. I'm so ready to just live a normal boring life. I do think we are getting there though!!
I really don't suggest 3 moves in 12 weeks to anyone and this is coming from someone who has moved 24 times in 10 years. I guess the only way to do this is if you are moving from one trailer park to the next (which I have also done!!)
Friday, August 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe you have moved that many times in 10 years. You must be a saint! If you come here for the fair we should meet up! I'd love to see you!
Post a Comment