Wednesday, June 19, 2013

An Old Railroad House

We had a good idea that this house was built as a railroad house.  It is only a few blocks from a large switching yard.  We are just glad it is a few blocks away and not right on the railroad.  I met a neighbor today that gave me a little insight on the house.  Not only was it built for the railroad but it is built out of old railroad ties.  YIKES!!  No wonder this things is tipping over.  The walls are super thick (like the thickness of a railroad tie), even the interior walls, I guess I know why now. 

Anyways, it is getting better.  Now that all our stuff is in and quite a bit of cleaning has been done, I feel like it is MY dirty old house instead of just a dirty old house.  The owner has agreed to let us lay wood flooring in the dining room and old screened in porch (not screened in anymore, just a weird narrow room along the entire from of the house).  I have never been so thrilled to offer up my services for free before.  Brooks on the other hand is not so thrilled.  Oh the things our hubbies do for us to help us sleep better at night.

We will continue to pray for mild weather so our house doesn't blow over on us!! Lots of Fun Memories anyways!!

No comments: