Last weekend I sold my car while I was in Utah. It was quite the experience....The people were coming from Star Valley, WY. They didn't leave till after 5 so it was going to be late. I wanted to spend some time with Grandpa and Grandma Pete so I headed up to Fielding. I thought I could meet the people at Riverside Corner and leave the girls with Grandma and Grandpa. The girls were quite out of control. Grandma suggested we watch a movie. I sent Maggie to get a movie from the car. Zoey followed her. Maggie came running in and told me Zoey had broken something in the car. (shocking, NOT). I go out to find that she has torn my consul in half. I'm not even sure how she did this. She was running around the car I managed to wrestle her down and take her inside. When I got the movie going I slipped outside to try to fix the consul before the people came to look at it. LOCKED the car was Locked with my keys Inside. Zoey must have been pushing the buttons while running around. Grandpa was at the Utah State game so it was only Grandma and me with the two crazy kids. The people were at LW's headed my way. We scrambled to find a lock smith but only got an answering machine. Luckily Grandpa got rained out of the game and came home early. (thank you rain!!) He helped me break into my car just in time for them to call and say they were at Riverside corner. I jumped in my car without time to fix the consul and headed that way. I was a bit frazzled. We ended up taking $100 off the price for the consul and they took it that night.
So now I was stranded in Utah without a way back to Wyoming. (which really was fine because we really wanted to get rid of that car). We have a friend that drives back and forth from Utah to Wyoming each weekend and I was able to bum a ride off him. My mom and Jerry drove me to Echo late Sunday night and passed us off to him. It was a little crazy but worth it.
So here comes the good people part.....I have now been driving Brooks' truck. Yesterday I took a load of totes to the storage unit. I forgot to shut the tailgate and when I took the first turn onto the main road his tool box slid out of the back. About three blocks down someone flagged me down and told me I had lost it. I flipped around and started looking. Nothing, it was gone!! I walked up and down all three blocks searching for it. Brooks headed my way too and we looked again together. He found a big gash in the road with red paint in it and we knew that, that is where it hit and someone picked it up. I couldn't believe someone had snatched it in that short of a time. I was so upset. I cried and cried and cried. There was no way I could make this right. I don't have money of my own or means to replace thousands of dollars in tools. I was so frustrated. Later I talked to my neighbor about it. She said she is on the Rock springs classifieds on facebook. I asked her to post that I had lost the tool box. She didn't get to posting it till about 9pm. She said about 2 minutes after posting someone responded and told her it had been posted on another site on facebook. She registered for that site and got a hold of the guy. He called Brooks immediately. He met him at a gas station and gave him back the tool box. He said he saw it and new someone else would pick it up and keep it. He decided to pick it up and do everything he could to get it back to the owner. Brooks offered him $100, but he refused to take it. He just asked if we would vote for him during the next election and gave him a business card. His name is Mark Baker and he is in the WY house of representatives. All I know is we need these kinds of people in our government system. He for sure has my vote!! He has no idea what this means to me. What a nice guy!! I am going to make him a fresh peach pie today!! Thank you for your honesty!!
Honesty Pass it on!!
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We sold our trailblazer a couple of weeks ago and now we are on the hunt for something. What are you getting? we kind of have an idea but nothing set in stone at all. I would love to hear what you guys are thinking of getting. Good luck.
Post a Comment