Monday, September 23, 2013

Zoey Turns 2!

Presents From Grandma Nessen

CHEESE!!

Birthday Dinner at Grandma Allred's

Pie with Grandpa Allrde

Waiting to blow out her candle

Strawberry Shortcake with friends

More Presents

Light up Lady Bug for night time
Zoey Had a great birthday.  We were in Utah while Daddy was hunting.  We had birthday lunch with both sets of Grandparents and lots of cousins/aunts and uncles. 

On Monday when we got back to Rock Springs, we took Zoey swimming at the rec and to Pizza Hut for dinner.  We had cake with the new neighbors that have become great friends. 

Zoey has had a hard couple of months (about 4).  I'm not sure if it is all the moving, just her age, or simply being the second child.  She is growing out of it a little.  We have less melt downs and scratching.  I think she is learning to communicate a little better.  Maggie is also starting to realize she instigates a lot of the issues and its her own fault she gets scratched, so she is more patient with Zoey. 

Zoey's favorite word is "self".  She is very independent and refuses help with anything.  She LOVES shoes.  Mostly Maggie's but she will try on anyone's shoes that are off their feet.  She eats very well.  We are always surprised at the things she will try and likes.  She learned to climb out of her crib around the first part of August.  She slept on a makeshift bed on the floor till Labor Day when we purchased the girls bunk beds.  Maggie loves them more than Zoey.  The transition from crib to bed has been much easier with Zoey than it was with Maggie.  She still gets up sometimes in the night but I can't complain for the most part.

On the 19th we also took her binki away.  It was my birthday and Brooks brought home breakfast.  He took her binki out of her mouth and set in on the counter.  When nap time came I told her Daddy had accidentally taken it to work in his pocket.  She went right to sleep without it.  Before he got home I cut the end of the binki off.  I slipped it to Brooks when he came in the door.  He told her it accidentally got cut at work and it was broken. She tried it a couple times and agreed it was broken.  She kept it around a couple of days till she decided to toss it in the garbage.  NO MORE BINKI!!! Yahoo.  Again this was much much more simple than taking Maggie's binki away. 

She wants to be a big girl and play with Maggie and her friends.  She wants to do anything her big sister is doing.  She is a little monkey and loves to swing on bars at the park.  She is quite the chatter box and almost never stops talking.  She repeats everything anyone says several times over again.  She likes to color but it often gets out of hand.  She colors a lot on herself.  She is not as brave as Maggie was but is getting braver, the older she gets. 

She has become quite the joy to have in our home.  I love to see the girls play together and be best friends.  She is still a little spit fire and a handful most of the time, but we are learning to roll with the punches and enjoy her. 

Happy Birthday Zoey Z  We love you!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Zoey!! They grow so fast don't they. Got your message on my post. We are thinking of a Dodge Journey. I just don't think I can go to an actual car. I want the security of AWD or 4x4 at 5:30 in the morning in the winter. They get better gas milage than a fullsize SUV but not as good as a car. I really wanted an Acadia but for our budget we set I can get an almost brand new Journey(2012-2013) or a 2008-2009 Acadia with 80-90K miles on it already. And since I put about 20K miles on a year I think lower miles would be best. I will miss my loaded everything like in our blazer. I haven't found a Journey with Leather in it (and that's what I want most). But I'll give it up for a vehicle with only 15,000 miles on it.

Amanda Petersen said...

Happy Birthday Zoey! It looks like such a fun birthday. I'm glad to hear she's moving past her difficult phase. It gives me hope for Darcy:) Both of your girls are darling! It was so fun to see you a couple months ago. Hope everything continues to go well!