Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Home


Home sweet home. We have had a lot of people request pics of the old place so here they are. There is still a lot I would like to do to the place but this is a start. Obviously the yard needs to be put in. That will happen hopefully next spring. Do we have Spring in Rawlins?


Welcome!! Come on in. Please take your shoes off. ;)


This is our family room. I wanted the TV hung above the fireplace but there are no outlets there so we have wires strung everywhere. Brooks said that will be a winter project. The other downfall to this set up is there is no place to put the dvd player or dish box. Brooks is working on that too. Brooks also put the brick around the fireplace. When we got the house it was just white wall between the mantel and fireplace. It looked super track housing. He did a great job and it looks sooo much better. The two doors lead out to the porch. We love that is faces the East so we can enjoy it at night!!

For virtual tour purposes.....The family room sits right in the middle of the house. The kitchen is off the left and the two bedroom and Maggie's bath are off the right. The opening you see in the top left of the picture is the master bedroom. I didn't take any pics of it because it's still under decoration. I also left out a picture of the extra bedroom because it's a mess with all my sewing stuff and the "office". The "office" is where I was standing when I took the picture of the family room. It sits right at the front of the house. I didn't take pics of it because it's having a little identity problem and I don't know what to do with it.

I hope the typed tour helped you put everything in a place. If not sorry I'm not sure how else to describe it.


This is my kitchen off the left side of my family room. The stools are up on the table so Maggie can't use them to get up on everything. I LOVE my kitchen. I don't know if there is anything I would change about it if I could.


The opposite side of the kitchen. The door facing the picture is a pantry and the garage door is on the adjacent wall to the left. This counter space is our catch all. I debated cleaning it off for the picture but took it as a good excuse to clean it off for once.


My cute LITTLE wash room. It sits at the back corner of the kitchen. I wasn't too fond of the placement when we bought the house but it really doesn't bother me that much. We did put the cabinets in above the washer and dryer and I wish we would have hung them lower. I'm too short to get into them. I have to get a stool every time. What a pain.


Maggie's Bath. We didn't do her room pink so her bathroom had to be pink. I love it!!


Master Bath.


The opposite side of the master bath. Maggie uses the tub more than anyone else. She loves the bubbles that are made when you combine jets and baby wash.


And My favorite room Maggie's!! I found this piece on Land of Nod but couldn't afford it so I had Brooks make it for her. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. He did such a good job. It makes her room so easy to clean up and super cute I must add. I sewed the cushion cover and throw pillows too.


These are the curtains Cindy helped me sew. I found the curtain on Target but they were too short so we added a ruffle. I think they are even cuter than the original ones. The colors were so hard to find for her room but I didn't wan it all pink because it is also her play room and her toys are all primary colors and I thought it would look weird. Brooks can't stand that I decorated her room to match toys. Oh well it turned out super cute I think. There is still a bit I need to do to her room but I love it so far.


Well thanks for stopping by it was nice to have you!! Come again any time.

3 comments:

Tatiana said...

Love the home! Thanks for the tour!

Shandi said...

I love it! It looks amazing! We are coming to Rawlins the weekend of Oct 8th for Stanley's ordination, so we'll have to stop by and see you for sure! :)

~ Katie said...

Love the house! Thanks for posting! Hope you two had a nice anniversary!