Tuesday, June 7, 2011

pronunciation

Maggie has had this pronunciation problem ever since she could talk. Not on all words just one in particular. The bad thing is she uses it all the time. The word she is trying to say is WheeLer. How she says it is WheeNer. She tells lots of people how fast her Daddy's WheeNer is and how her and her Daddy race their WheeNers. Brooks gets super embarrassed. Well Sunday was the worst of it. She has this little light up drawing pad and she loves us to draw different things on it. Sunday in her "Munns voice" she said "Daddy draw your WheeNer." Ugh!! She wouldn't stop saying it either. It came out like three times. My Young Women President and her Daughters were THREE rows back and just rolling. I explained the mispronunciation after, they were still laughing. I'm not sure what anyone else was thinking or is still thinking. I have tried to work with her on it but she just doesn't get it. Oh well it will be funny to look back on when she gets older. Then she will be as embarrassed as her dad is now.

2 comments:

Shandi said...

LOL! I can't stop laughing!

The Henrie's said...

Oh my gosh I miss you guys SO much! This is hilarious! Don't feel too bad. Reed couldn't pronounce the word "truck" & it came out as f*ck. After an embarassing moment in sacrament when Reed was looking for his "truck", we quickly focused on teaching him to say fRuck. I miss you guys!