Brooks has been playing on a city league baseball team this summer. I was put on the roster at the beginning of the season in case I needed to fill in. Well that unfortunate situation came up yesterday. They have to have equal parts boys and girls and they were down one girl. So I "played". Maggie freaked out in the dugout by herself so I ended up only being outfield 1/2 an inning. I batted 4 times, hitting 3 times and NOT making it to first once. (it's a really long run being 6 1/2 months prego.) Anyways we ended up winning the game...the 1st win of the season!! I can't say I helped any but I did make it so they didn't forfeit. They had a double header but luckily I didn't have to play game 2. By the time we got home I could barely walk. Brooks had to help me in and out of the tub. Apparently I'm not conditioned for baseball season. I will be watching from the stands from here on out!! No more taking one for the team!!
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Taking one for the team
Brooks has been playing on a city league baseball team this summer. I was put on the roster at the beginning of the season in case I needed to fill in. Well that unfortunate situation came up yesterday. They have to have equal parts boys and girls and they were down one girl. So I "played". Maggie freaked out in the dugout by herself so I ended up only being outfield 1/2 an inning. I batted 4 times, hitting 3 times and NOT making it to first once. (it's a really long run being 6 1/2 months prego.) Anyways we ended up winning the game...the 1st win of the season!! I can't say I helped any but I did make it so they didn't forfeit. They had a double header but luckily I didn't have to play game 2. By the time we got home I could barely walk. Brooks had to help me in and out of the tub. Apparently I'm not conditioned for baseball season. I will be watching from the stands from here on out!! No more taking one for the team!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment