Monday, October 21, 2013

Going to be a Zombie for Halloween if something doesn't change....

HELP!!  Zoey is the world's worst sleeper and I'm literally at the end of my rope.  Last night I fought her till 1 AM to go to sleep.  The worst part is yet to come though.  She gets up every night EVERY 40 Minutes ALL night long.  She demands all kinds of crazy things and is screaming at the top of her lungs.  She wants things like, my pillow, a drink, to sleep on the floor instead of her bed, to sleep on my floor, to have my blanket, to have a heating pad, a baby to sleep with, and on and on.  We don't give into her every whim, most the time she gets a spanking instead, so it's not like she has a reason to keep waking up and wanting more things, she didn't get the last things she wanted.  The later into the night (or earlier into the morning I guess) the crazier she gets, just screaming and screaming.  WHY does she keep waking up??  As much as I want to sleep a full night, this can not be good for her little body.  Also since she has started this, she has cut her 2 hour naps down to 40 minutes.  She is a hot mess!! I really don't know what to do with her right now.  In my opinion, switching kids from a crib to a bed is the second worst parenting "job".  Only second to potty training.  This has not gone well for either of my children.  I ended up locking Maggie in her room to get her to stay in bed, but that caused some serious anxieties for her. OOPS bad parenting choice.  But at this point I understand why I did it.  This can not go on, for me or for her (not to mention her Dad is less than thrilled with this issue). 

So if anyone has any words of advice, I would love to hear them.  I will try anything at this point.  After causing anxieties for Maggie we allowed her to sleep on our floor.  That went on for a long time.  It actually didn't bother me, but her pediatrician said it was a very bad choice and made me kick her out.  I even let Zoey sleep on my floor but she STILL wakes up every 40 minutes wanting things.  The one thing that would let her sleep through the night is sleeping in my bed with me, and that is NOT an option.  I know I said I would try anything, but I won't go there.  NO KIDS IN MY BED.  That's the Law!!

Someone please help!! I would like to go dressed as a well slept mother for Halloween NOT a Zombie!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

My kids weren't as bad as Zoey, but I found that if I laid down with them at night and then waited until they went to sleep, then they were good the rest of the night. But then I also moved them from a crib straight to a twin bed so I could lay by them (and get some sleep to). Good luck. I've also told Shelby before (ok many times) that if she didn't go to bed like she was supose to then I would put her out on the front porch and she could sleep with the cats. That's probably a bad thing, but it worked and she stayed in bed.