Before I had kids I had all these expectations. Yesterday I realized they have all gone right out the window.
You want cookies for dinner, ok if you'll stop crying.....
You want to watch TV ALL day long...no problem I'm getting a ton done.....
Instead of milk you want eggnog....sounds great just drink it and get to BED......
Stay in your jammies all day, live off apple juice, don't brush your teeth, jump on the couch, whatever you want to get through the day!!
So I'm sure there are tons of you that are saying...TOLD YOU SO. What I have realized is it is almost impossible to know what you are getting yourself into when you start a family. It's so different than anything you ever imagined. It's wonderful, scary, sad, exhausting, and that's just what you feel in the first three hours of the morning.
Well there's my confession. I'm NOT super mom and in fact I don't even want to be super mom. Someone else can have that title, it's too exhausting.
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love your confession...lol!
HAHAHA! I was just thinking to myself that I really need to turn the TV off because Grace has been watching cartoons for the last 4 hours! I also realized just a bit ago that I couldn't remember the last time I brushed Grace's teeth. I think it was Saturday morning, but I'm really not sure! Maybe when Claire isn't teething anymore things will get better.... or not! Glad to know I'm not the only one :)
Hilarious Amber! I too loved the confessions I was laughing so hard! Be carefree and enjoy it rather than stressing over it! Maggie is happee and you're a great Mom!
Post a Comment