Monday, October 25, 2010

Bonding With Maggie

So Brooks had to work late tonight because of bad weather. I guess we better get used to that. For the record I'm NOT ready for my first Wyoming Winter. People have tried to warn me but today when I was at the store a storm came in lets just say I had no idea what I was getting into. As I was walking out a grocery store attendant asked if she could keep Maggie while I got the car. "Oh no it's really not that big of a deal" (and she had no teeth, which I need to start getting used to, it very common in these here parts). So we braved the winter weather. I could barely control the cart, to boot I got the wrong isle because I could barely see through the blowing snow. Maggie was screaming Owee owee. When I turned into the wind it took my breath away seriously I could not breath. I had to abandon Maggie open the car door and take a deep breath. I grabbed Maggie, rushed her into the car, and swore I would leaver her with the not teethed super market attendant next time.

Ok off that little tangent and onto what I planned to blog about. Brooks worked late so we decided to make Daddy a little treat to surprise him when he got home from the freezing cold. So I decided we would make him his favorite, pumpkin roll. I thought it would be fun to have Maggie help me. So I got out all the ingredients making it quick and easy for Maggie to help me. The eggs have to be whipped for 5 min. I got all the eggs in and turned on the mixer. I had Maggie hold it. She loved it, especially the boost button that she found all by herself. She was doing great by herself so I decided to turn by back and preheat the oven. Literally I was standing in the same place I only had to rotate 1/2 a turn. When I looked back she had managed to open the bottle of cinnamon and dump the entire bottle into the whipping eggs. UGH! She then got down, I threw out the egg/cinnamon mixture, and started over again.

While I was baking she got into my lazy suzan and dumped my can of bread crumbs (yes this is the second or third time this has happened, the can is now empty), she dumped 1/2 a snack bag of fishes down the heater, and smashed the other half of the bag into the carpet. I'm too tired to vacuum tonight so I will tackle that tomorrow.

On the bright side I got two pumpkin rolls made and took one over to my neighbor to say sorry for Maggie dumping out a bottle of baby powder and a bottle of Ajax into her bathroom floor and into all of her drawers and cupboards. Yep one thing after the other.

The crazy thing is that I hardly ever loose my temper at her. I just chalk it all up for learning and adventurous. Now I'm not saying it never happens but most the time I'm too busy cleaning up as quickly as possible because I'm not sure what will be next.

So much for Mommy and Maggie bonding.

2 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

What? Freezing weather and snow? I think you're lying. It was 90 degrees at my house.

I can't believe that little Maggie Jo! She's too quick!

Kayla and Justin said...

Thanks for te laugh. I can laugh cause I know exactly what you mean. Aren't kids the best :)