Sunday, December 12, 2010

my result of a melt down

So today I had a mini melt down or maybe it was more like a major melt down. Anyways Brooks went wheeling and I didn't want him to go. I stayed home with Maggie. While he was gone I did a little sole searching. I realized my title of "Mom" although wonderful is closing in on me. It is what I am top to bottom inside and out. I don't have much more than that title. Clean house, cook, laundry, cook, clean house, pick up, grocery shop..... When people ask me what I enjoy doing I don't have much of an answer. This has always been an issue. There hasn't ever been anything I have been passionate about. Now there are things that I enjoy doing. I love to go to lunch with friends, and I couldn't miss a Bunco night EVER, I love to sew, and craft, and I do love spending time with my family but I still don't have my "Thing". When Brooks got home we had a little heart to heart. He pointed out that I like to do digital scrapbooking. This is true and the more I thought about it the more I realized how much I do enjoy it.

So the result of my melt down is...... I need to find something to do that I enjoy!! I need another layer other than Mom.

I have scrapped all my pics through my digital scrapbook program, Memory Mixer. And I don't take enough pics to be able to keep me as busy as I would like to be. I have heard dozens of people say that they have billions of pics but no time to do anything with them. Well here's your chance, I've got the time and I would love to make a book for you. I won't even charge you a dime for my time. I basically need something to do that I enjoy.

Here's the deal. I'm not professing to be an amazing digital scrapbooker. I don't even know how to use photoshop. But I did just print Maggie's first year of life book so I do have something to show you if your interested in what I have done and what yours would look like. I will say I think it it super duper cute too. The book can be printed through Memory Mixer or I think through Costco or Sam's club. I printed mine through Memory Mixer and didn't even look at any other options. I would create jpeg images and save them to a disk and you could do whatever you would like with them.

What I would ask from you.....I am only interested in digital scrapbooking I don't want to scan any pics or sort through your boxes of printed pics. I would need a cd with your pics in the groups that you would want them scrapped it. All the books I make just go in chronological order. Most computers sort pics in dates when they are uploaded to the computer anyways so I think this would be the easiest way. Month to month. I save all my pics in monthly folders them when I scrap them they are all together and I can just go to the next month when I am done. I would even sort through your months (or groups) and use the best pics or what I think worked the best. After I got all the pics in we would just have to meet or somehow work out the text, I'm not going to become a mind reader that's one too many layers just yet.

In the end it's not even that scary for you because mainly I'm not charging you anything. If you like what you got back (which is my goal) then print it, if not toss it (bummer for me, but that's a chance I'm willing to take)

So if anyone is really interested, leave me a comment and I will contact you and we can talk more details. I hope I can find someone to help me out of this slum I'm in. Don't we all love melt downs!!

3 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

Mommy meltdowns... I know them well! I think I have one a week now that I have two kids. I wish we lived closer so we could do lunch and play bunco and be crafty together (and dump our kids on eachother when we need some time for ourselves!).

I've been wanting to buy myself that Memory Mixer software for some time now so I can scrap our pictures. I love digital scrapbooking MUCH better than paper scrapbooking. It's just too messy for me! If I don't get my act together and do it myself I just might take you up on your offer. I hope you find some ways to stay sane this winter. You can always head South and visit us to escap the frozen tundra that is Wyoming.

The Lunds said...

What a great idea! I wish I had something that I LOVED to do but the only thing I can think of is sleeping and I'm not getting much of that these days.
I'm going to talk to my mom about using your services though. She has a mission scrapbook to put together and she is by no means a crafty scrapbook person. (She still thinks that the scissors that cut designs are cool to use on edges of pictures! HAHAHAHA!)

Eric and Shandi Ditlevsen said...

YES PLEASE! I have been SO BUSY with the Shop lately that I haven't had any time. I haven't done ANY scrapbooking since we got married...well since my mission! AH! I've started so many times...but I never finish! If you really would like to do it, it would be amazing! I could make some things for Lil Maggie as a trade! :)