I have been dreading this day for a long long time. Now it's here and I have no idea what to do. Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated.
We have always put Maggie to bed and let her cry herself to sleep. This has worked very good for us for the most part. I won't claim always because there has certainly been some struggles.
So this morning I heard Maggie calling for me. I went to get up and heard some weird noises but the wind was blowing really hard so I just thought it was that. Before I could get my lazy but out of bed Maggie came trotting into my room with Blankie in tow.
I was SHOCKED. She has never been able to get out of her bed. She has always been such a climber and I have been very surprised she hasn't already but holding onto it for dear life. She also can't open doors. At first I thought Brooks had come home and gotten her up. NOPE. I put her back in her bed a little later to see if she would get out. As quick as I put her in she was out. Then I shut her in her room to see just how she escaped it. That little stink pulls her little desk chair over and opens the door.
I have been scared for nap time all day. I even put it off an hour later. Sure enough I put her in bed and out she came. I tried talking to her and telling her she needed to take a nap and say in bed. I told her the next time she got out she would get a spanking. She got out, she got a spanking. I put her back in, she got out.
So now what? Today for nap I laid down with her in my bed and she fell asleep almost immediately. I'm not sure I want to start that habit of laying down with her every time she needs to go to sleep. Nap time isn't such a deal but bedtime I could see being a huge pain. That is the only time I get with Brooks and I'm afraid she will be up till we go to bed and will lay with her.
I know there isn't a perfect solution and I have a dozen things running through my head of how to fix it. I was just wondering if anyone had any brilliant solutions to help out my issue.
What are your thoughts on keeping her in her crib that she can climb out of or buying her a big girl bed? What will be less of a fight?
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
From the mother of a very good escape artist....buy the big girl bed!! It is a great time to transition. She's almost 2. We had to move Chloe to a big girl bed when she was 19months because she was the queen of escapes!! My life was so much easier when we bit the bullet and bought the bed! Chloe loved her "big girl" bed so much we didn't have any trouble getting her to sleep in it. Good Luck! PS- Target has some adorable little girls bedding right now!
I say big bed also. I do know they have some type of net you can buy to put over the crib so they can't get out. I have only heard of them though. We laid by both of our girls to put them to sleep when took them out of the crib. It didn't take long before they were going to bed by themselves. We went straight to the the double and single beds, didn't mess with the toddler beds. Good luck!
Post a Comment