If you didn't read my quite lengthy last post it was me freaking out that Maggie could get out of her bed and I didn't know what to do about it.
Well we went to my Mom's for New Years and you know how vacation is. You just get through it however you can. And that's what we did. We broke all the rules when it comes to kids and sleeping.
I searched for a bed on ksl but in the end didn't have time to pick one up or room to fit it in the truck. I had just planned on fighting Maggie to sleep in her crib still. The first night I fought her till 12:30 am. Then out of exhaustion I made her a bed on my floor and tried to have her sleep there. There wasn't mush sleeping going on. It was miserable.
The next day (Monday) I packed up her bed all the while telling her "your going to be a big girl and sleep in a big girl bed, doesn't that sound fun". "No" was always her answer. Followed by "with mommy". When Brooks came home we did some fixen to the spare bedroom where our queen bed is. We hung blankets on the windows to make it darker. Ghetto I know but for now it will work. We tied the drawers to my sewing machine closed and rigged up the closet doors so they can't be opened. We also took out the clock and decorative baskets. I tried to eliminate anything she could play with or climb on to reach the door nob.
At 8:45 we changed her into her jammies got some milk and books and headed to her new big girl bed. She drank her milk while I read stories then daddy came in for prayers and out we went. She FREAKED!! Off the bed she came in seconds. And she had the door open (which I didn't think she could reach) in about a min. I put her back into bed and locked the door (yes I can easily unlock it from the outside). She SCREAMED for about 10-15 min. then she was quiet. An hour later we went in to check on her and to our surprise she was actually in her bed. I was so proud of her. It wasn't that bad of a first try!! It did seam like an extremely long 10-15 min. but we all lived and the outcome was great. She slept all night and didn't get out of bed again till 8:30. I can live with that for sure. I was super excited this morning!! I know we still are in the learning curve and anything can happen but hey at least we are starting out on a good foot.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had to lock both of my kids in their rooms at night. Kinlee still has a child safety knob cover on her side of the door right now. If you're looking for a toddler bed I have one that I don't need.
Post a Comment