Saturday, April 25, 2009

The sickies

Yucky yucky sickies. Brooks and I started out with some killer sore throat Tuesday that progressively grew into a head cold. Maggie wound up getting it Thursday in her ears,( like most sicknesses goes for babies). We have been giving her some herbal ear drops and Tylenol every 4 hours. I wanted to see if she would heal without an antibiotic so she didn't have all that in her, she is doing great with it. I did call the Dr. and get one just in case but we haven't needed to start her up on it yet. I cross my fingers she will just continue to get better and not need it at all. I have had some rough days not being able to sleep fully at night it has taken me a lot longer to recover from my cold. This is the first time any of us have been sick since Maggie. I am so grateful that for the majority of the time we are a healthy family with a healthy baby. I hate to see her in pain and it is so much more work. More cuddles, meds, and less sleep. So thank heavens for our health (and meds of course)! I can see the light at the end of this sick tunnel and hopefully by the first of next week we are free and clear of germies.

2 comments:

Riley Chemistry said...

Sad you guys are sick. Hopefully you'll get feeling better soon.
-Tatiana

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

I felt the same way about meds when Grace was first born. I was always hesitant to fill her little body up with them, but then she got a sinus infection and the Dr. gave me an antiobiotic and she was totally better in less than 2 days! It was wonderful to have her back to normal. I hope everyone gets feeling better soon, especially Maggie.