Last night Maggie slept 12 hours! From 7 pm to 7 am. The night before she slept 8 hours. From midnight to 8am. It's great I almost hate to blog about it because I don't want to jink it, so here's hoppen we stick to this.
She has started to suck her thumb (only because I said I would never allow my baby to do such a thing) but I can't make myself stop her. One, because it is so darn cute to see such a little baby suck her thumb and two, because it helps her sleep longer. When she is in that waky/sleepy state she suckers her thumb back to sleep.
I bought her a little play gym or whatever they are called. She loves it. I attach rings to fish that hang above her head and she pulls them off, I reattach them and she pulls them off, over and over!! So much fun!
She loves to jabber, jabber, jabber! The weird thing is that she prefers to jabber to the air when Brooks or I try to chat with her she just looks at us like where did you come from, go away.
She is starting to grow out of her 0-3 month clothes but not into her 3-6 yet so she should be right on schedule with her age/size.
Her hair is looking more and more red everyday. I'm not so sure how I feel about that, not much I can do though so we deal.
Now for Mommy.....
I'm not sure if it is the weather or a little baby blues but I feel like crap. (please nobody mention this to my mother she will freak and make me get on something.) A lot of people told me that when their baby got to be 3 months it was the hardest time for them. I just feel really ugly and yucky all the time. I don't feel like a bad mom and I don't get mad or frustrated with Maggie so that is good. I just wish I lived closer to some friends or was able to get out and do something for a change. I feel all cooped up and alone most of the time. I have felt like this a lot during the duration of the trailer living but I feel it is magnified since Maggie. I kinda feel like I have lost a bit of myself since becoming a mommy. I know there are things I can do but it is so hard to make myself get off my butt and do something about it. It doesn't help at all that I don't have a car! If anyone has felt like this after having their kids let me know what you did about it so I can feel better.
I thought Maggie had thrush because she was sucking me raw so I treated her for that and Nope she just sucks bad. So I pump and bottle feed her. This can be a bit of a pain but it has it's ups too.
I am totally addicted to ebay. I shop on there almost every day. I buy clothes and things for Maggie. She is getting a HUGE Easter. Not that she knows or cares but it's an excuse for me to buy her stuff. Love, Love, Love ebay!!
Other than that we're just watching is snow AGAIN!! We are going to Tremonton this weekend so I hope that makes me feel better, getting out and all. I will post pics after I feed Maggie, she is screaming at me at the moment.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was down after Nolan and Cody. I took some happy pills for a few weeks and zapped out of it. Fortunately, I didn't need to with Dylan. I am super envious that she sleeps so long. What I wouldn't give for that. Getting out would probably help but it would help even more with someone to go with. Head to church and maybe try and meet some friends or try searching the web for a group of moms that meet for playgroup near you. I doubt any of this helps. Wish I lived closer, Dylan would love to play with Maggie Jo. Best of luck!
We should go to lunch while you are up here! I'm sure a little Kami time will help. But really I feel your pain. I wasn't too bad with Tray but with Kinlee I had severe depression for a long time. Finally when I got a little part time job at night, I snapped out of it. But every mom needs some time out of the house no matter what your situation. Call me!
Post a Comment